The Flying Pig Pub – print
Fine Art Print – 33 x 48 cm
Print based on watercolour of “The Flying Pig Pub” in Cambridge is an imaginative depiction of the beloved pub.
The painting features the pub building suspended under a massive pig-shaped balloon, as Syd Barrett and David Gilmour have a conversation on top of the balloon about the cover of “The Dark Side of the Moon”. The painting also features the landlords of the pub standing at the doors, as if they were watching the scene unfold.
The painting captures the whimsical spirit of the pub, and is a tribute to the pub’s history and the people who have made it such a beloved institution. The painting also serves as a reminder that the pub was always a place of fun, friendship, great music nights and will live on in many people’s memories.
This painting serves as a reminder of the Flying Pig Pub – as the pub is closed now – and it could even be partially demolished by developers.
- original Pink Floyd member Syd Barrett is said to have met future Floyd guitarist David Gilmour there in the 1950s
- famous Pink Floyd’s balloon named “Algie” that was present on the “Animals” album cover
- David Gilmour holding the prism – referring to “The Dark side of the Moon” album
- managers of the pub (Justine and Matt) standing on deconstructed steps leading to the pub
- pub was named “The Flying Pig” by landlord Mick Clelford in the 1980s as he was a pilot and nicknamed “The Pig” (hence the propeller over the main doors)
‘The Flying Pig Pub’ has been voted most favourite work by visitors to the ‘Cambridge Drawing Society’ 2023 spring exhibition!
Click for more info!
Limited Edition Print Details:
- Limited edition (out of 200)
- Giclée quality copy of my original watercolour painting
- Printed on high-quality archival, fade-resistant Epson paper
- Every copy will be signed in pencil on the front
- Included is signed certificate of authenticity
- Packaged securely in a cardboard postal tube. Simply unroll and flatten gently before framing.
Shipping & Delivery:
This print is shipped either from my studio in Cambridge, or one of my printing partners. Please allow 2-5 business days for processing and delivery.